Ottawa’s favourite independent newspaper is now in its 8th Volume. In February 2009, the first issue of The Leveller was published.
Since then, forty issues have been produced and over 100,000 copies of the paper have hit the streets to excellent reception.
The Leveller has garnered significant attention and praise, including an interview on CBC’s All in a Day with Adrian Harewood.
- Progressive coverage of local, national, and international news, as well as university events, with a particular focus on local arts and culture
- Popular community listings page, detailing events and happenings around Ottawa/Gatineau
- Readership of politically, socially, and culturally engaged individuals, encompassing local post-secondary campuses, as well as residents of the greater Ottawa community
- French language section – Les Sans Culottes
- Published once a month
- 3,500 copies of each issue published; 1,500 distributed at Carleton University, Ottawa University, and Algonquin College; 1,500 additional copies distributed off campus, along Bank Street, in the Glebe, Old Ottawa South, Centretown, Elgin Street, Main Street, in the Market, Sandy Hill, Westboro, Hintonberg, Little Italy, and Chinatown
- Available online in friendly readable pdf format
- The Leveller is a not-for-profit venture and predominantly run by volunteers
- Unbeatable Advertising Rates!!
- Discounts available on multi-issue ad purchase
- Featured on CBC’s All in a Day, including interview with Adrian Harewood and an editor from The Leveller (electronic audio file available by request)
- Blogged about by Ottawa citizen “RealGrouchy” on tales from a grouch (Check the March archive at www.realgrouchy.blogspot.com)
- Invited to be part of a roundtable on media, which included an editor from The Leveller, as well as The Charlatan’s editor-in-chief and CKCU’s radio host (available at www.charlatan.ca/drupal/ content/media-matters)
- Many letters received from students and community members, including prominent journalists and the chair of the Carleton University Board of Governors
The Leveller_Advertising Rates